Kinda Like A Turtle




When I was a little girl, I loved turtles... collected turtle figurines and stuffed animal turtles. LOVED turtles. My mom cross-stitched this little turtle thing for me,  
 (Yes, back in the day when people were crazy for cross-stitch)  

And it said:  
Slow and Easy, 
That's my style, 
I get there, but it takes awhile.  
DON'T RUSH ME! 

Fast forward to today, August 23rd, 2011. And it's kinda like my mom was, like, clairvoyant. My projects, well, they never get started and finished in a weekend. 
 (At least not most of the time)  

More like months. 
Sometimes years. 
I don't know why. 
It's not sheer laziness.  
(Although sometimes it is) 

9 out 10 times some grander master plan unveils itself.  
(Which usually saves me time and money) 

  I have determined I'm gonna be in my house for awhile,  
(stupid tanking real estate market) 
and I'm ok with that. 

But I'm gonna make my house some place I'd really like to live. 
Sans the new kitchen. 
Dying for a new kitchen. 
But I need stupid windows first. 
(Yep, you heard me right. 
Stupid windows. 
Can't cook with a window.) 

  So, I figure it'd be fun to document the trials, tribulations, and successes of turtle-paced decorating and home restoration. 

Cuz lemme tell ya, sometimes it takes awhile. 
(I'm a busy gal)  

But I also like to do non-home improvement things like paint, doodle,  
(The type you make with a pen, not in the potty) 
  craft, and cook. I love to cook. 
(Hence the no new kitchen pity party)  

And lucky you! 
You get to go on the journey with me. 
If you want to. 

(You don't have to)
(But it'd be real nice if you did) 
(Cuz I'm cool)
(And assume you're cool too) 
(We can be cool together

And now I'll start trying to figure out how to make a template. 
While watching the new 90210 on mute.  
(Don't ask me why on mute. 
I don't know. 
It just is. 
I learned long ago to stop trying to understand myself) 

Ok, that last part is a lie. 
I do try to understand myself. 
But not right now. 
Right now, I'm gonna take a bath. 

 (Aaaaaahhhh!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toilet Paper Roll Reindeer Craft for Little Kids (and Big Kids Too!)

Witch Cupcakes with Creme de Menthe Butter Cream Frosting

Sweet Potato Hash - First Recipe